Statement of Health and Safety policy
This policy is designed to provide a framework within which the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors, customers and other interested parties of The Utile Engineering Co Limited have been addressed.
It is the policy of Utile to comply as a minimum with all applicable legislation and take all reasonably practicable steps to achieve our aim of ‘Zero Harm’ to the health, safety and welfare of our employees, contractors and anyone else affected by the activities carried out by the company.
In addition, specific H&S objectives are set and reviewed periodically at our H&S Management Review Meetings.
The success of this policy is reliant on all employees and contractors of Utile actively complying with the requirements of the policy.
The success of this policy cannot be achieved unless there is co-operation between management, employees and contractors of Utile.
All employees and contractors of Utile shall comply with the following basic requirements:
- To take reasonable care of themselves and anyone else who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Co-operate with management and follow all instructions, rules and procedures.
- Identify hazards and implement controls where possible reporting those which cannot be controlled to an acceptable level.
- Be pro-active and bring to the attention of their line manager any health and safety concern arising from our activities in order to ensure that any appropriate action is taken.
- Not to put business pressures ahead of the maintenance of high standards of health and safety throughout the activities of Utile.
All employees will have access to a copy of this Policy.
This policy is reviewed periodically for its continued suitability at our H&S management review meetings and is made freely available to external parties upon request.